Explore Cambodia’s rich cultural heritage at the Kingdom Talent Festival, hosted at Satcha. Meet talented Khmer professionals, learn about diverse skills, and support the local community on May 20-21 in Siem Reap.
Cambodia, a country known for its rich cultural heritage and remarkable talents, has been home to some of the world’s most impressive architectural wonders, such as the iconic Angkor Wat. This Southeast Asian nation boasts a long history of skilled artisans who have carved beautiful sculptures and created intricate handicrafts that reflect the unique Khmer culture. Today, Cambodia continues to celebrate and nurture its talents through various events and initiatives, one of which is the upcoming Kingdom Talent Festival.
The Kingdom Talent Festival is a one-of-a-kind event that brings together Khmer professionals from various fields to share their talents, stories, and expertise with the community. This unique festival is hosted by Satcha, an incubation center for Cambodian handicrafts, and organized by Creation Haus, a graphic design studio and source of design training and workshops in Siem Reap. The event’s official communication partner is Phoenix Lab Asia, a prominent Digital Marketing Company based in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The festival provides a fantastic opportunity for students and visitors to learn about the diverse skills and talents that Khmer professionals have to offer. By exploring the tents of the different professionals, asking questions, and engaging in conversations, attendees can gain valuable insights, get inspired, and make meaningful connections.
Why You Should Attend the Kingdom Talent Festival
- Learn about different career paths: Discover the wide variety of industries and professions represented at the festival, and find out what it takes to succeed in each field.
- Get inspired: Listen to the stories of successful professionals, learn about their challenges and triumphs, and be inspired to believe in yourself and pursue your dreams.
- Make connections: Network with professionals, learn about their work, and receive advice on your career goals.
- Support the local community: Show your support for local businesses and entrepreneurs while learning more about the local entrepreneurial culture and history.
Satcha is a Cambodian handicraft incubation center that provides a space for artisans to learn new skills, develop their businesses, and connect with other artisans. Founded in 2018 by a group of entrepreneurs passionate about preserving Cambodian handicrafts, Satcha offers various services, including:
- Training on handicraft production techniques
- Assistance with marketing and business development
- Access to a shared workspace and tools
- Networking opportunities with other artisans
Satcha’s goal is to help Cambodian artisans create sustainable businesses that contribute to the local economy. The center has already helped hundreds of artisans improve their skills and start their own businesses. Satcha is a valuable resource for Cambodian artisans and an excellent example of how entrepreneurship can be used to preserve traditional culture.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 20th
- 3pm: Festival starts
- 4pm: Feature Presentation – Pheak, Medha Women Drummers
- 5pm: Feature Presentation – Krisna, Creative Cocktails
- 6pm: Feature Presentation – Soran, Shadow Puppets
Sunday, May 21st
- 9am: Festival starts
- 10am: Feature Presentation – Johny, Khun Khmer
- 11am: Feature Presentation – Mony, Sam Veasna
- 3pm: Feature Presentation – Sirivan, Fashion show
- 4pm: Feature Presentation – Soran, Shadow puppets
- 6:00pm: End of the festival
- Pheak is a drummer who leads a group of women empowering other women through music.
- Krisna is a mixologist who creates delicious and artistic cocktails.
- Soran is a shadow puppeteer who has been practicing his art for over 50 years.
- Johny is a Khun Khmer martial artist and fighter.
- Mony is a lead bird guide.
- Sirivan is a fashion designer who creates modern and stylish designs that reflect her love of Cambodian culture.
The Kingdom Talent Festival is a free event and is open to the public. It will be held on Saturday, May 20th and Sunday, May 21st at House #256, BBU Road, Siem Reap.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to learn, get inspired, and support the local community. We look forward to seeing you at the Kingdom Talent Festival!